[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite Hits Girl In England?

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:25 2004

> As I said before, simple ballistics made it impossible, the girls foot would
> have been damaged and in need of a hospital.

I agree, assuming the rock didn't hit something first. Based on the photos
it does not look like a meteorite. But it is possible to be hit by a meteorite
with little injury if the meteorite fall is first cushioned by something
else, such as nearby tree or house, or just ricochets off the ground.

Ron Baalke