[meteorite-list] Buzz Pops Jerk II

From: Space Rocks <spacerox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:24 2004

After seeing the video of the incident, I have to disagree with Buzz's
lawyer. Buzz was not up against the wall. He could have easily walked
away . I agree the guy was harassing Buzz and Buzz asked the guy to
leave him alone. Buzz just lost his patience after being hounded by the
guy. It was not self defense. As much as I think the guy deserved it
and contrary to the unanimous opinion expressed on the list, Buzz
should not have done it. The first thing the guy said afterwards was
"Did you get it on tape?" So he was clearly trying to provoke Buzz.
Just because I agree with Buzz and think the guy deserved it, does not
make it right. If the guy had swung first however... I guesss the
question is how much harrassment is required to punch someone?