[meteorite-list] Help A Brother Out - Monday 9/9

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:23 2004

Scroll to the bottom for today's listings and any new updates

Hello all-

I have been asked by one of our list members to assist in the sale of his
meteorite collection as his son has taken ill. He is self employed and many
of you out there know how lousy private insurance can be. This is not a sale
that can be run over a great amount of time as the bills are piling up
rapidly and his son is thus far no better and in need of further testing.

It is with a heavy heart that he came to me with his collection of ~300
pieces with a retail value of ~$50,000 and asked me to help.

There are many world class pieces here and I intend to show them all to you
over the next month. What I am going to do is list for you folks 10
meteorites each day with brief info including price and a link to photos.
>From that time you folks will have one day to purchase them direct. The next
day I will list those that did not sell on eBay and give you a crack at 10
more...and so on.

Speed is key here, no holds, no day after inquiries, no counter offers, the
price is the price. I will get these out as fast as possible via priority
mail for $4 US and $5.50 foreign unless otherwise stated. First reply takes
the piece.

The photo link will be to my Yahoo Photos where you will find folders
labeled Monday-Sunday. Just click whatever day it is and find the photos.

I WILL NOT disclose any information on who the owner is, that is
confidential information and I feel I've already said enough.

I don't want to upset any of you who don't like constant ads, so the name of
the thread will stay the same each day and I will only be posting to MetCent
so you will not receive these in triplicate. If I get flamed for these sales
then I will stop the offerings here and use eBay only. The text will
continue to be shown each day for any who missed it all somehow but the
pieces and prices at the bottom will be different.

Finally, please be patient, this is a lot to sell and I lack the streamlined
precision of some of our eBay Powersellers out there. Doing the best I can
to clear this out so our friend can get on with things.

  a.. I accept cash, check, PayPal, money orders
  b.. Sorry, no trades
  c.. I will hold delivery on request but payment must be made for each one,
       less shipping after the first. Let me know when to send them
  e.. I will try to list to you folks randomly to accomodate all time zones.

So far I have been able to respond to everyone using a form letter format
and I should be able to keep this up.

I spoke with the seller Friday and heextends his thanks and told me he would
talk to his son and let him know howwell things are going and emphasise the
integrity and community this groupoffers. We also discussed the larger
priced
items hitting eBay, some of these are going to be disasterous but he is
insistent
that they must sell so keep watching and see if you can't catch a bargain.

                     So, without further ado allow me to present:

1.. Juanita de Angeles H5 Mexico15.6 gram partslice $30

2.. Powellsville H5 Ohio 3.91 gram fragment $16

3.. Cleo Springs H4 Oklahoma 3.64 gram thin partslice with crust $14

4.. Yilmia EL6 Australia 3.13 gram fully crusted slice $88

5.. Gao/Guenie H4 Africa Fall 18 gram polished crusted slice $21

6.. Forest City H5 Iowa Fall 5.43 gram fresh fragment with thick rich crust
$45

7..Saint Peter L5 Kansas 7.6 gram partslice $16

8.. Jilin H5 China Fall 7.22gram thin partslice with crust $16

9.. Tugalin-Bulen H6 Mongolia 2.9 gram partslice $40

10..Sikhote-Alin IIAB Ogg RUssia Fall 936 gram 1 side etched FULL slice
bearing collection #SK936-S $450
      **Shipping prices doubled, that's less than fifty cents a gram!!!

11..Sunday was a good money maker, reduced prices will be accepted till
today 6pm Pacific on :

****Luotolax $350

****Girgenti $275

****Mooresfort, Pultusk, or Indarch $80