[meteorite-list] Fireball !!!!

From: James_TOM Knudson <peregrineflier_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:22 2004

<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Hello List, I know some one on the list can help me with this one! Last night I took my family to the drive - in's here in Northern calif. I got out in the middle of the second movie about 11:30 pm to stretch my legs. A bright light caught my eye. I looked up and saw what i first thought was a Satellite traveling N. NE. It was a little higher than polaris. I love watching satellites&nbsp;but this one seemed a little deferent. It was traveling at what appeared to be the average speed for a satellite but it was brighter than normal (about like a bright venus) and it was&nbsp; orange with a tinge of yellow. After watching it for about 3 seconds it started to develop a short tail. It kept its short tail for the next 2 to 3 seconds when it finlly broke up into at lest eight pieces. The second it broke up it ended. It lasted about 6 to 8 seconds all together. I could not tell if it made any noise or not because It was a noise movie (XXX). Triple X was the name not the rating!!!!!! I have never seen a me
teor with out a tail, then a short tail and going so slow? Also, why was it Orange??<BR><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Thanks, Tom</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>