[meteorite-list] Weathering Grade (fwd)

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:20 2004

Aloha Mark!
Bernd kindly posted last year what he found about weathering
grades. There have also been some recent posts about what makes an "L" an
"L" and not a "LL" or an "H"; it has to do with pyroxene levels and
percentages of other compounds, which I am not qualified to discuss, but
the posts should be in the recent Archives. I am attaching Bernd's
post... thanks once again, Bernd!

Hope this helps!

Tracy Latimer