[meteorite-list] Re: [metorite-list] Mystery

From: Walter Sullivan <wsulliva_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

Steve:

I have a website on an unrelated subject (Plastic
Surgery-www.nevadaplasticsurgery.com) with many photos. There is no
reason to have more than 75 dpi for a photo on the website. Higher dpi
does not make the photo look better. Use higher dpi for printing photos.
long enough to see it. In addition, if you have many photos on one page,
it may be better to make thumbnails of the photos to be on the page
(they load very quickly). Then if someone wants to see a better version
of the photo, they click on it and get a full page of this photo. I used
FrontPage to put together my website and this feature works well.

You can control the image size (meaning how much information the photo
contains or how good the quality is) by setting the digital camera to
Average or fine or whatever terms your camera uses. It does not matter,
since you can set the dpi for the photo in your image editing software
or simply save it in Low JPEG to decrese the size of the file to post it
on the web. Use 75 or scan it at 75 if a photo.

Walter Sullivan
Las Vegas