[meteorite-list] IQ: OT

From: Rafael B. Torres <spacecollection2001_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

Hello all, I guess you are right, I dont think IQ is a good way to determine
one's intelligence. You know, I see IQ as a note in a school, whats does a
note tell you??...I think nothingˇ, it only tells how much you studied or
how much time did you spend studying. you know?, i just realized that some
months ago, while Im in college. I which I had thought that when I was in
High School. When I was in high school several years ago, I had one of the
bests averages in my school and I just cared about grades, nothing more. I
just realized that there are more important things in life rather than
grades and IQ. The is plenty of stuff that we need to care about, more than
a "mask" (grades and IQ). I now see grades and IQ as "labels" we simply put
on persons...I was the nerd of the school everyone thought I was a very
intelligent person, but a grade doesnt tell you a lot about the real person
inside the grade.

I dont know the IQ of Albert Einstein, but I know it was very high, but if
you actually tell me to choose one person of history to be, the least I
would pick, would be Albert Einstein. Is not that I dont respect Einstein,
he is a genious and I respect all the work he did, indeed I love the work he
did (even though I cant understand it at all), but he was unable to stand
social relationships, his marrriage broke, because all his effort was just
about his theories, he ended his life in a very sad way...frustated, cuz he
couldnt answer all his questions and he couldnt finish his Relative Theory.
Is that a life????...I dont think you can live closed in your own world.
There is only one thing I really know, knowledge is for sharing, if you dont
share knowledge, its a dead line. I have a professor with a very high IQ,
and he doesnt explain good all math topics. He has reached such a high
knowledge, that when he tries to explain to lower IQs, its very difficult
for him, but everyone know he is a genious.

Meteorites doesnt have IQ, just enjoy for what they are, you dont need a 200
IQ to understand that meteorites are from outside the Earth, so just sit and
learn to enjoy life and meteorites, more important thing to worry about than
just a maskˇˇˇˇˇˇ

At least thats what I think...

            =0)
Rafael B. Torres