[meteorite-list] Island Meteorites

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

--part1_c3.2b2f4439.2af06950_boundary

 LJnewpers_at_aol.com writes:

> Isla del Esp=EDritu=20
> Santo is 19 km long by 5.5 km wide and covers 99 square km. As far as I ca=
n=20
>=20
> find, this is the smallest island on which a meteroite has been found.=20

Is this the Mexican island, Isla Espiritu Santo, just north of La Paz, in th=
e=20
Sea of Cortez, in Baja? I've gone back and forth alongside it many times,=20
on dive boats which go out of La Paz to El Bajo and Isla Los Islotes. It's=20=
a=20
beautiful, if barren, island. We often stop in little coves on this island=20
between dives, to have lunch. I think I'll look around a little more, next=20
time. ;-)

Gregory

--part1_c3.2b2f4439.2af06950_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2> LJnewpers_at_aol.com writes=
:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Isla del Esp=EDritu <BR>
Santo is 19 km long by 5.5 km wide and covers 99 square km. As far as I can=20=
<BR>
find, this is the smallest island on which a meteroite has been found. </BLO=
CKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Is this the Mexican island, Isla Espiritu Santo, just north of La Paz, in th=
e Sea of Cortez, in Baja?&nbsp;&nbsp; I've gone back and forth alongside it=20=
many times, on dive boats which go out of La Paz to El Bajo and Isla Los Isl=
otes.&nbsp; It's a beautiful, if barren, island.&nbsp; We often stop in litt=
le coves on this island between dives, to have lunch.&nbsp; I think I'll loo=
k around a little more, next time.&nbsp; ;-)<BR>
<BR>
Gregory</FONT></HTML>

--part1_c3.2b2f4439.2af06950_boundary--