[meteorite-list] pariah of the list

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:05 2004

------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C27EC5.151BDD80

I am sending this to the list....it is part of what I sent to Rosie =
after reading this post. I am by far not the smartest person on this =
list, nor do I have all the answers...I do know that there is NOT a =
single individual on this list that can claim either of those titles.

I have always thought that anyone could express an opinion/idea to this =
list and it could/would be acceptable. I do not have any idea what was =
sent to Rosie that made her run away with such force, but I wonder if it =
was really necessary to say.

Here is part of what I told her. I hope that everyone on this list will =
take the time to read it. It probably isn't that profound, but it is my =
thoughts on the matter.

>>Rosie,
I for one will not accept your bowing out. Do not let those intellectual =
mental midgets push you out! Your opinion is guaranteed by the =
constitution of the USA and you have the same right to give your =
opinion...Right or Wrong.

TWA 800 was a tragedy...that much is indisputable. Our Navy/government =
has made grave errors in the past and have shot down civilian targets by =
mistake in the Persian Gulf so it is not like it could never happen. And =
with so many 747 type aircraft flying for over 30 years I think it is =
also possible that this electrical problem would have cause a major =
problem already.

Our government keeps us in the dark about alot of issues....maybe for =
our own good. Too many of us want to know the truth and maybe sometimes =
the truth is so much simpler than any of us would be willing to believe =
that it would only make things worse if we knew. Other truths maybe be =
so much darker than any of us would care to hear or even need to hear.

Imagine for a moment if you will....Roswell DID happen and we are not =
alone...what would happen to organized religion? The Pope would be out =
of a job, ALL religions would be nothing more than fables, billions of =
people all over the world would lose the faith that gives them the only =
hope they have sometimes in a otherwise hopeless world. Now that is not =
to say that even with the presence of other more/less intelligent life =
forms in the universe that there is not still a "God" that created it =
all. Hell if I were omnipotent with the power of God I know I would =
surely create many types of life in many places....beings and being =
alive is much too special to give to only one smelly ape-like creation =
on one world. To guarantee success of any type of creation one would =
have to create many forms, for surely many would doom themselves to =
extinction.=20
Yet should Roswell or any other encounters be true all governments would =
have to be very careful with that knowledge. Many people fear that =
our/their government can not guarantee their safety now, how would it be =
if they knew that beings existed that had knowledge and technology far =
beyond our own comprehension? Again mass panic would ensue, others would =
be desperate to exploit that technology to enslave the masses and profit =
for themselves.

I am not making a case for ET's, or conspiracies, the existence or =
non-existence of a God or proving or disproving evolution. I am saying =
that NO ONE person can HONESTLY say they have all the correct answers.

My point to all this is that some people are never willing to accept any =
ideas, opinions, or concepts beyond their own. If everyone with =
differing views hid their heads in the sand when they were shouted down =
there would be no freedom, no evolution, no advancement of anything.

Cherish your freedom, shout back when necessary, stand your ground, you =
are a human, and an American and by those measurements you have a right =
to any opinion you like and as long as our flag flies over this land you =
have a right to speak your mind. Keep in mind all those many that gave =
their lives to preserve that right, you owe it to them to practice what =
they died for.

Those that shout back are entitled to do so, they are not however =
allowed to quiet those that differ from their narrow view of the world, =
sometimes the smartest among us are the least =
knowledgeable...Flatlanders is what I call them. They live in their own =
little worlds, a nice and tidy, made to order so that they can cope with =
their own insecurities.

I ask that you reconsider your silence, Rosie....I for one would be less =
knowledgeable without your opinion.<<

Maybe some on this list will get something out of this. I do not know =
who killed JFK, whether ET exists, or if we are the product of creation =
or evolution. I do know that anything is possible and would like =
everyone to remember that no matter how indisputable some facts have =
been over the eons, there have been some facts that turned out to be not =
so factual after all.

Nothing is for sure, and it is not right for anyone to feel that they =
can belittle another human being because their beliefs are not yours.

Lets stick to meteorites, there is always alot about them that none of =
us are for sure about, and that means we all have alot we can learn.

Thanks for listening.

Mark M
Phoenix AZ
----- Original Message -----=20