[meteorite-list] Re: wold cottage meteorite [ stone mason ] david mooney

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:04 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3118556700_252396_MIME_Part

Hay Rob,
       That's quite the terrific web page! Thanks for that.
       Michael
PS: Is Irene your wife?

on 10/27/02 7:23 AM, FERNLEA4_at_aol.com at FERNLEA4@aol.com wrote:

Hi everyone,
I received the following email today from the stone mason (and Edward Topham
expert) who was charged with renovating the Wold Cottage meteorite monument
during it's 200th anniversary year in 1999.
The 1795 Wold Cottage fall was one of the most important falls in
meteoritics (as far as gaining general acceptance of rocks which fall out of
the skies is concerned), so I thought you might like to read his email
below.
By the way, the web page he's referring to is at
http://fernlea.tripod.com/woldcottage.html

-----------------
"hi,
i have just come across your web site featured in the Sunday Times newspaper
today , i was amazed to find myself on the page about ;topham's coloum; i
recarved the inscription during the wetest june since 1795, the monument
faces the direction from which the wold cottage metetorite came,
unfortunatley this is also the wrong direction for the wind and weather
which continues to batter the exposed monument.
mrs grey and i were the subject of a television programme last year.
thank you for showing the card ,i didn;t know my work was on the net.
regards and thanks for a pleasant suprise.
i have given a slide show lecture on topham and his life and times inc. the
meteorite , and monument for about ten years now, if you look at the card i
painted you will see a dog [greyhound] in the picture with a halo, topham
bred the best greyhound in british hunting history too.
i have researched topham;s life and times and written many articles on him
and the meteorite, i have held it in my hands at the bi- centenary event.

cheers and thanks for the 15 mins of fame. david mooney. [monumental stone
mason]. "
-----------------

Rob Elliott.
www.meteorites.uk.com
Fernlea Meteorites,
The Wynd,
Off Dickson Lane,
Milton of Balgonie,
Fife. KY7 6PY
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
Mobile: 07909-773929
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is
alive?
   Irv Kupcinet
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg
-    Earth - variety of choices:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html
--
COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iZp8OC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/jFYolB/TM
--
Michael Blood Meteorites & Didgeridoos for sale at:
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/
--MS_Mac_OE_3118556700_252396_MIME_Part
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [meteorite-list] Re: wold cottage meteorite [ stone mason ] davi=
d mooney</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Hay Rob,<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;That's quite the terrific web pa=
ge! Thanks for that. &nbsp;<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Michael<BR>
PS: Is Irene your wife?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
on 10/27/02 7:23 AM, FERNLEA4_at_aol.com at FERNLEA4@aol.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hi everyone,<BR>
I received the following email today from the stone mason (and Edward Topha=
m expert) who was charged with renovating the Wold Cottage meteorite monumen=
t during it's 200th anniversary year in 1999.<BR>
The 1795 Wold Cottage fall was one of the most important falls in meteoriti=
cs (as far as gaining general acceptance of rocks which fall out of the skie=
s is concerned), so I thought you might like to read his email below.<BR>
By the way, the web page he's referring to is at<BR>
http://fernlea.tripod.com/woldcottage.html<BR>
<BR>
-----------------<BR>
&quot;hi,<BR>
i have just come across your web site featured in the Sunday Times newspape=
r today , i was amazed to find myself on the page about ;topham's coloum; &n=
bsp;i recarved the inscription during the wetest june since 1795, the monume=
nt faces the direction from which the wold cottage metetorite came, unfortun=
atley this is also the wrong direction for the wind and weather which contin=
ues to batter the exposed monument.<BR>
mrs grey and i were the subject of a television programme last year.<BR>
thank you for showing the card ,i didn;t know my work was on the net. <BR>
regards and thanks for a pleasant suprise.<BR>
i have given a slide show lecture on topham and his life and times inc. the=
 meteorite , and monument for about ten years now, if you look at the card i=
 painted you will see a dog [greyhound] in the picture with a halo, topham b=
red the best greyhound in british hunting history too.<BR>
i have researched topham;s life and times and written &nbsp;many articles o=
n him and the meteorite, i have held it in my hands at the bi- centenary eve=
nt.<BR>
<BR>
cheers and thanks for the 15 mins of fame. david mooney. [monumental stone =
mason]. &quot;<BR>
-----------------<BR>
<BR>
Rob Elliott.<BR>
www.meteorites.uk.com<BR>
Fernlea Meteorites,<BR>
The Wynd,<BR>
Off Dickson Lane,<BR>
Milton of Balgonie,<BR>
Fife. KY7 6PY<BR>
United Kingdom<BR>
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563<BR>
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991<BR>
Mobile: 07909-773929<BR>
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com</FONT></FONT> <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is<BR=

alive?<BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Irv Kupcinet<BR>
--<BR>
Worth Seeing:<BR>
- &nbsp;Earth at night from satelite:<BR>
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg<BR>
- &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Earth - variety of choices:<BR>
http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html <BR>
--<BR>
COLLEGE MONEY<BR>
CLICK HERE to search<BR>
600,000 scholarships!<BR>
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iZp8OC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/jFYolB/TM<BR>
--<BR>
Michael Blood Meteorites &amp; Didgeridoos for sale at:<BR>
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>
--MS_Mac_OE_3118556700_252396_MIME_Part--