[meteorite-list] Credit where credit is due...Concerning Brad Sampson

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:04 2004

Folks,

Well, I said I would report on my auction results with Brad Sampson,
Cosmic Visitors. I had forgotten about the earlier criticisms and complaints
about him when I found I had inadvertantly won one of his auctions. I
realized only after the auction was over that he was the person that had
had so many derogatory comments written about him on the MetCent
list.

Brad's 'eBay feedback' is not a thing of beauty. It's rather badly speckled
with numerous "negatives". Anyway, I bit the bullet and sent him the money
for the 31g Lost Creek, Kansas, H3.8 slice.

I circled a date on my calender to remind me about three weeks later to
start the struggle to get my specimen sent to me.

The specimen arrived safely at my home 11 days after payment via PayPal.
He was no speedburner on the shipment, unlike others in the business that
sometimes ship the same day payment is received, but 11 days certainly
falls
within 'perfectly satisfactory' in my estimation. The slice was well
wrapped
and packaged. So, no complaints from me.

This news will surely be of no consolation to Matteo, but I had said I
would
report; and so I did.

All take care,

Jerry/ Odessa