[meteorite-list] Pay Pal update

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

Matt,
PayPal is and will be the cheapest way to accept credit cards now and in the
future. We have for our business researched nearly every other method of
accepting credit cards and PayPal beats the others fees by at least 5%. That
does not include the charges for epuipment the others charge that paypal
eliminates also.

Accepting personal checks may be your choice for accepting payments from
customers, in our experience checks are an unnecessary hassle. How many
times will you have to pay your bank for bad checks that you deposit and
never recover the money for the check or for the item?

We are charged $20.00 for checks that we deposit that bounce on our business
account....after the first 3 that we lost a total of $60.00 on we said no
more checks. None of our fine customers that sent us the bad checks ever saw
fit to make the checks good or cover our charges. And waiting for a check to
clear while holding inventory is not practical for the amount of volume we
move....maybe it is not a problem for you.

PayPal will come through for Mr. Bostick