[meteorite-list] Meteorite Contest #8...Free Canyon Diablo

From: Carl E. Kanoff <MCDKan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

Hello list,

After the fires went out, the dust cleared, and the toxic gas levels of
the atmosphere were reduced, I would like to have gone to stand on the
rim of Chicxulub on the Yucatan 65 million years ago. The asteroid was
most likely vaporized as it penetrated the earth's crust, but the scar
left behind must have been breathtaking.

Carl Kanoff