[meteorite-list] Pay Pal Fraud

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C27A88.6C7F05C0

Hello List,

Since a lot of list members use Pay Pal, I thought I would tell everyone =
that..

Last night I was hit by a hacker to my Pay Pal account. They were able t=
o take about $1000 before Pay Pal threw a security blanket on my account.=
  I have changed my password and everything and called Pay Pal who is try=
ing to fix everything. So untill then my Pay Pal account is frozen, with=
 all the money that is in there. Which is almost like punishing me. Str=
ange thing is they got in and kept taking little amounts ($100-$260). I'=
ve sent large sums before with Pay Pal so I am unsure why they didnt try,=
 the funds where there. Pay Pal's system did catch one of the charges a=
nd reversed it. I am really hoping they reverse the others. =20

I have never given my password out to anybody or anything. I do not have=
 it written anywhere. I am really at a loss on how they got in there. =20

Mark

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C27A88.6C7F05C0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hello List,</D=
IV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Since a lot of list members use Pay Pal, I tho=
ught I would tell everyone that..</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Last night=
 I was hit by a hacker to my Pay Pal account.&nbsp; They were able to tak=
e about $1000 before Pay Pal threw a security blanket on my account.&nbsp=
; I have changed my password and everything and called Pay Pal who is try=
ing to fix everything.&nbsp; So untill then my Pay Pal account is frozen,=
 with&nbsp;all the money that is in there.&nbsp; Which is almost like pun=
ishing me.&nbsp; Strange thing is they got in and kept taking little amou=
nts ($100-$260).&nbsp; I've sent large sums before with Pay Pal so I am u=
nsure why they didnt try, the funds &nbsp;where there.&nbsp; Pay Pal's sy=
stem did catch one of the charges and reversed it.&nbsp; I am really hopi=
ng they reverse the others.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I have ne=
ver given my password out to anybody or anything.&nbsp; I do not have it =
written anywhere.&nbsp; I am really at a loss on how they got in there.&n=
bsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mark<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C27A88.6C7F05C0--