[meteorite-list] More "optical dillusions"

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:03 2004

-------------- Forward Message ---------------
meteorobs-digest Monday, October 21 2002
Volume 04 : Number 1007

Contents:
(meteorobs) Wife saw meteor land 5 meters from her
Re: (meteorobs) Wife saw meteor land 5 meters from her
----------------

Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 00:42:12 -0700
From: "j.xavier" <j.xavier_at_bigpond.com>
Subject: Wife saw meteor land 5 meters from her

Hi,

I'm new to the [Meteor Observer] list.

My wife Pam was headed for our country home when she
saw something bright in the sky coming down at an
angle. This took place today 19th October 02 during
the day. Anyway, she was in her fourbie and the
'sparky' ball as she called it
landed 5 meters on a paddock.
She was on the highway going a hundred k's at the
Midland.

I asked her if she could locate the sight where it
fell. She said she saw it fall to the ground/hit the
ground and she'd know where it is.

We are based in Australia. Are there any or does
anyone here know of anyone in Australia that would be
interested in retreiving the object?

Would it be worth studying? I'm guessing the object
would be fairly small like a pebble maybe because she
didn't get hurt or anything like that.

I found it amazing that she was going a hundred k's
and this 'sparkly' ball landed 5 meters from the
highway she was on.

Regards,

Jax