[meteorite-list] Re: Aubres sale

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:02 2004

--part1_b0.2e1e6600.2ae35bbc_boundary

In a message dated 18/10/02 23:43:59 GMT Daylight Time, MARSROX writes:

<< I've recently returned from a couple of weeks in Scotland including an
excellent visit with Rob Elliott. We did drink beer, actually Guinness Stout,
at "room temperature" (which is the correct temp for Guinness) although he
had all of the windows of his home open such that the ambient temperature was
to the chilly degree that we burn wood in our Florida fireplaces. >>

Hi Kevin and all.
I re-subscribed to the List just this evening to send my earlier Bovedy post,
and have only now started to go through the archives and catch up on the chat
I missed while I was away........that's when I found your post.
For the record, it was one of the hottest days of the year when Kevin visited
us. It must have been at least in the low 60's, so that's why all the windows
were wide open. Phew! What a scorcher!! ;-)

<< Rob received 28.41 grams in trade making him the second largest repository
(!) of this material. >>

I think I had something like 32g of Aubres in total (the 28.41g slice & ~4g
fragments), but you're right about this being the last that's likely to hit
the market given current trading policies. It cost me an arm and a leg and I
won't be cutting any more, that's for sure, so my slice is already under lock
and key.
Grab Kevin's slice while you can! :-)

Cheers,
Rob.
www.meteorites.uk.com
Fernlea Meteorites,
The Wynd,
Off Dickson Lane,
Milton of Balgonie,
Fife. KY7 6PY
United Kingdom
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991
Mobile: 07909-773929
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com

--part1_b0.2e1e6600.2ae35bbc_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 18/10/02 23:43:59 GMT Daylight Time, MARSROX writes:<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; I've recently returned from a couple of weeks in Scotland including an excellent visit with Rob Elliott. We did drink beer, actually Guinness Stout, at "room temperature" (which is the correct temp for Guinness) although he had all of the windows of his home open such that the ambient temperature was to the chilly degree that we burn wood in our Florida fireplaces. &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Hi Kevin and all.<BR>
I re-subscribed to the List just this evening to send my earlier Bovedy post, and have only now started to go through the archives and catch up on the chat I missed while I was away........that's when I found your post.<BR>
For the record, it was one of the hottest days of the year when Kevin visited us. It must have been at least in the low 60's, so that's why all the windows were wide open. Phew! What a scorcher!! ;-)<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; Rob received 28.41 grams in trade making him the second largest repository (!) of this material. &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
I think I had something like 32g of Aubres in total (the 28.41g slice &amp; ~4g fragments), but you're right about this being the last that's likely to hit the market given current trading policies. It cost me an arm and a leg and I won't be cutting any more, that's for sure, so my slice is already under lock and key.<BR>
Grab Kevin's slice while you can! :-)<BR>
<BR>
Cheers,<BR>
Rob.<BR>
www.meteorites.uk.com<BR>
Fernlea Meteorites,<BR>
The Wynd,<BR>
Off Dickson Lane,<BR>
Milton of Balgonie,<BR>
Fife. KY7 6PY<BR>
United Kingdom<BR>
Tel: +44-(0)1592-751563<BR>
Fax: +44-(0)1592-751991<BR>
Mobile: 07909-773929<BR>
Email: fernlea4_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b0.2e1e6600.2ae35bbc_boundary--