[meteorite-list] Meteorite Photos and eBay Auctions

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:07:02 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01C275F3.6CBB1D60

Hello List,

Now that I am pretty much caught up from traveling I thought I would shar=
e two meteorites I picked up in Denver. Two small Bensours I purchased fr=
om Blaine Reed. They are the smallest Bensours that are known to exist, s=
omething that really shows how well they work these strewfields over. By =
the gram, they also reached the highest dollar of any Bensour meteorite I=
 know. One weighs 0.030 grams and the other weighs 0.038 grams. The price=
 paid $7.95 for the smaller in weight ($265.00 a gram) and $5.00 for the =
bigger one in weight ($131.57 a gram). An unusal note is the smaller one =
is size is the heavier one. Must have a metal vein in it. The smallest is=
 also oriented with a rim, although kinda hard to tell in my photos. I wi=
ll try to take better photos later but was sharing these with a list memb=
er so I thought I would share it with everybody. =20

I have also started a Thin Section album at Yahoo. Here you can see my a=
ttempts to take thin section photos. In the Marlow thin sections appears=
 to me to be Carbonaceous enclosures. Can anyone tell me if this is corr=
ect. The DAG476 also have an enclosure (looks like a worm larva to me), =
if someone could identify for me I would appreciate it. =20
If interested you can view the Bensours at my Yahoo photo album....which =
is linked to my eBay about me page, scroll to the bottom of the page for =
items I am currantly running. =20
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/thebigcollector_at_msn.com/

Thanks, Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01C275F3.6CBB1D60

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hello List,</D=
IV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now that =
I am pretty much caught up from traveling I thought I would share two met=
eorites I picked up in Denver. Two small Bensours I purchased from Blaine=
 Reed. They are the smallest Bensours that are known to exist, something =
that really shows how well they work these strewfields over. By the gram,=
 they also reached the highest dollar of any Bensour meteorite I know. On=
e weighs 0.030 grams and the other weighs 0.038 grams. The price paid $7.=
95 for the smaller in weight ($265.00 a gram) and $5.00 for the bigger on=
e in weight ($131.57 a gram). An unusal note is the smaller one is size i=
s the heavier one. Must have a metal vein in it. The smallest is also ori=
ented with a rim, although kinda hard to tell in my photos. I will try to=
 take better photos later but was sharing these with a list member so I t=
hought I would share it with everybody. </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2=
></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have also started a Thin Secti=
on album at Yahoo.&nbsp; Here you can see my attempts to take thin sectio=
n photos.&nbsp; In the Marlow thin sections appears to me to be Carbonace=
ous enclosures.&nbsp; Can anyone tell me if this is correct.&nbsp; The DA=
G476 also have an enclosure (looks like a worm larva to me), if someone c=
ould identify for me I would appreciate it.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV> <P>If inte=
rested you can view the Bensours at my Yahoo photo album....which is link=
ed to my eBay about me page, scroll to the bottom of the page for items I=
 am currantly running.&nbsp; </P></FONT></DIV> <DIV><A href=3D"http://mem=
bers.ebay.com/aboutme/thebigcollector_at_msn.com/">http://members.ebay.com/a=
boutme/thebigcollector_at_msn.com/</A></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks, =
Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0007_01C275F3.6CBB1D60--