[meteorite-list] Some updates on the Bodaibo event

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:57 2004

Still no news:

-------------- Attached Message --------------

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:37:55 +0300
From: "Andrei Ol'khovatov" <olkhov_at_mail.ru>
Subject: Some updates on the Bodaibo event

Dear All,

Despite that there are not much news on the Bodaibo
event, I decided to post, as I read
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2309117.stm>

I already posted several days ago that the correct
date is Sept. 25, about 1.50am local time, which is
Wednesday, or Tuesday (Sept.24) in Universal time.

Today I talked by phone with researchers in Irkutsk,
and Bodaibo area,
and
have been told that:
1) no any crater was discovered;
2) no any damage was discovered;
3) no any meteorites were discovered;
4) the earlier mentioned low-frequence seismic
disturbances was defined/determined as of
far-earthquake (and erased, unfortunately).
Anyway, the seismogram reveals no traces of local
seismic events.
5) a couple of scientists from Irkutsk plan to visit
the area in a few days.

As soon as anything interesting is discovered, I will
try to post here.

Best wishes,
Andrei Ol'khovatov
Russia, Moscow