[meteorite-list] Info needed

From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com <SSachs9056_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:56 2004

Hi Rob and list,

Re: Homestead, I added a "Meteorite Hunting" page to my site a number of
weeks ago. I described looking for further specimens in the Homestead area
(1991)---and finding what appears to be the Homestead main mass, tucked away
in a tiny county museum in the Homestead area. Not too much new information,
except for a great pic of a specimen probably weighing in well over 100 lbs.
I have to appoligize if you have have already viewed the site and emailed me.

If you are interested, I can also scan / photocopy the entries regarding
Homestead & Allegan, from the Catalogue of the Meteorites of North America by
O.C.Farrington published in 1909. The book I have is very brittle, and the
spine is in absolute shambles, so I will attempt to scan this only once until
I get the book fixed. (fixing the book is going to be about $250.00) If the
scan is successful I will post this as an attachment to my next e-mail. If
not I will let you know so that I can make and forward photocopies to you.

The Homestead entry is 13 pages long--and may have alot of information you
might be looking for. The Allegan entry is about 1 and half pages long.

The site is with the main mass Homestead:
http://www.geocities.com/gangwise/meteoritehunting.html

Feel free to download the pic.

If you get a message from the good people at Geo Cities/ YAHOO that the site
is unavailable. Try again later. It adds bandwidth every hour.

Best,

Steven L. Sachs - IMCA # 9210