[meteorite-list] The Siberian "Bodaibo" Bolide Event

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:56 2004

-------------- FWD Message ----------------
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 07:30:26 +0400
From: "Andrei Ol'khovatov" <olkhov_at_mail.ru>
Subject: The "Bodaibo" event

Dear All,

Regarding the Siberian (Bodaibo) event, I talked with
scientists in Irkutsk, and local authorities in
Bodaibo. Local authorities plan to visit the "impact
area" on Monday. Rumors said that some local hunters
saw a crater where a large truck can be placed...
Unfortunately, a helicopter is needed to investigate
the area, and there is a financial problem to hire it.
Moreover, scientists in Irkutsk are not sure that they
could organize an expedition, due to absence of
finance. So we decided to act together to promote the
event through mass-media, etc., hoping for some
sponsors. Let's wait, see how it goes...

Best wishes,
Andrei