[meteorite-list] Monturaqui Coordinates

From: Jim <Jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:55 2004

I took GPS Co-ordinates from the center of the crater when I was there with
Michael Cottingham, his wife, and Mike Farmer in April 2000.

The co-ordinates recorded in the waypoint taken from my GPS are:

23° 55.652' S
68° 15.677' W

There is a relativel new set of power lines with a service road that follows
them. We followed this road back toward the direction of Imilac. The
crater was about 1/2 mile off the road. I suspect that this set of power
lines, and it's service road, leads all the way to Imilac as there are power
lines there also and they look to be the same age of construction

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

Catch a Falling Star Meteorites