[meteorite-list] Newspaper article; Jan. 11, 1909 Macon, Georgia

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:55 2004

If interested I have the article of the Bendego
meteorite found from the Scientific American of the 19
October 1889.
Regards

Matteo

--- MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_msn.com> wrote:

> Paper: THE MACON DAILY TELEGRAPH
> Location: Macon,Georgia
> Date: Monday,January 11,1909
> Page: ?
> THE METEOR NOT FOUND; TURKEY DINNER PREVENTED
> Mr. Turner Says His Friends Need Not Worry, as He
> Will Find It Yet.
> Owing to the fact that Mr. J. B. Turner was invited
> out to a turkey dinner yesterday, and accepted the
> invvitiation, he was unable to devote as much time
> to finding of the meteor in the Corbin field last
> Wednesday afternoon as he wished. Besides, the weeds
> are high in the field which renders finding a
> falling star quite a difficult matter. Mr. Turner
> says, however, that it is there and he will find it.
> There is no man in Macon who has more friends than
> Mr. Turner, and there is not one who does not hope
> that he will find that meteor, and that it wil
> contain a diamond of tremendous size. Such things
> have occurred, the presence of a diamond in a
> meteor, and there is no telling what the one that
> fell in Corbin's field contains.

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/