[meteorite-list] Tafassasset classification

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:54 2004

Hello all

The Dr.Hill of the University of Tucson - Lunar and
Planetary Laboratory - is making a study on the
acapulcoites ones, in fact it has demanded also a
piece of my NWA 1058 in order to make comparisons.
Regards

Matteo

--- Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/2/2002 9:24:36 PM Mountain
> Daylight Time,
> j.divelbiss_at_worldnet.att.net writes:
>

> > I understand the description of the primitive
> achondrite...including the
> > types you mention.
> >
> > From that statement in Nortons book, they are
> still chondrites...just
> > overdone a bit. What line did they cross to be
> called achondrites? And how
> > does it relate to Tafassasset being also called a
> CR7?
> >

> Hello John, and Members,
>
> What an interesting way to put it: "chondrites,
> just overdone a bit".
> And maybe that is what Tafassasset is. Maybe it is
> just on the line (if there
> is one) or maybe it is the missing link between the
> achondrites and the
> chondrites.
> Here is the link to the report from Paris:
>
> http://www.impactika.com/Tafassasset.pdf
>
> Look at the diagram at the bottom of the first page.
> See how Tafassasset is
> plotted right between the CR chondrites and the
> Acapulcoites? I am sure the
> scientists on the List could explain that in much
> greater details.
> Anyway you look at it, I find it to be a very
> interesting meteorite, and very
> pretty too!
>
> Thanks for asking.
>
> Anne Black
> IMCA #2356
> www.IMPACTIKA.com
> e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/