[meteorite-list] Hadejia

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:18 2004

Hi Bernd, Pierre, Rob and others,

What struck me watching the Hadejia pictures is how excitingly similar it
looks, on the pictures at least, to the Dutch Glanerbrug meteorite from 1990
which is too an LL6 or LL5 (LL6 in the blue book, LL5 with clasts in the
L-LL range and a minute H clast according to the latest reclassifications by
Welten and Lindner). Especially the pictures with clear light-dark angular
brecciation visible (eg. the HDJ 17-2 piece) look as if this meteorite is a
twin brother/sister of it. Would be interesting for someone to compare both,
and in fact I dropped a note to that extend yesterday with a friend who is
closely allied to the institute classifying Hadejia.

- Marco