[meteorite-list] Leonids outside Raleigh, NC

From: Kalli on Earthlink <mama2net_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:16 2004

I packed up my family and went out in the country about 5:15. My husband and
kids kept asking me where to look in the sky, and I kept telling them you
look, I am driving.
It was cloudy here, but clearer about twenty minutes southeast- when I
noticed light streaking across the sky, I figured it was time to park and
look.
My daughter counted twenty, my son counted ninety (I think that count was
swollen a bit by enthusiasm!) From about 5:30 to 5:45 was the most
activity, tapering off toward six when we came home.
Beginner enthusiasm here- we really could simply go outside, look up, and
SEE something- therefore, a great show.
Kalli