[meteorite-list] Leonids From Chicago

From: SSachs9056_at_aol.com <SSachs9056_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:16 2004

Early Greetings List,

25 miles North of Chicago--------
Rain and cloud cover early pm. (grrrrr) Set alarm for 3:45am. At 4:00am clear
skies. Nice view. Saw approximately 2-4 per minute, some with very short
trains others medium length (there were only several with longer trains like
the Perseids). Radiated all directions. In all the years of viewing (mostly
the Perseids) saw my first 3-multiple---(3 at once) this am. Nice...

Overall it was a very good, if short viewing. Came back in _at_ 5:15am. due to
cold. I normally get up anyway at 5:20am for work so worked out well. Wasn't
the shower of "66" but was pretty good anyway.
That's it from Chicago.
Best to All,
Steven L. Sachs / IMCA # 9210