[meteorite-list] NWA 1459 Olivine Doigenite for Sale

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:06:16 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C28F30.E19907E0

Dear list members,

We are taking this rare opportunity to make available three specimens of =
the new Olivine Diogenite, NWA 1459. We have been asked repeatedly to =
make some of this material available to collectors. One collector even =
accused us of ruining his near perfect type specimen collection by not =
making this material available. We reminded him of the five private =
individuals that have specimens from this meteorite, four of which were =
provided samples free of charge for winning a contest promoted here on =
the list. We told him to contact these contest winners and make an =
offer. One of them may need the money more than they need the specimen.=20

After the 10 gram type specimen deposit, cutting and polishing losses, =
main mass preservation, providing material to four contest winners and a =
web site promoter, we will have about two grams left available for =
private purchase. The rest will be preserved in our collection. No money =
has changed hands at this point because none has been sold.=20

We felt the fairest way to offer these specimens was to run three =
concurrent auctions on eBay, start them out at less than $1.00 each and =
let the market decide their value. We have been asked what price we are =
asking for this material. This is a tough question because we had no =
plans to sell any at all. Only after considerable thought did we decide =
to offer some of this material for sale. That way our consciences will =
be clear. We do not want to be accused again of not making material =
available to the public. Our first priority is collecting, not dealing. =
We make some material available to help offset the enormous costs of =
expanding, maintaining, studying and documenting our collection. We work =
very close with the scientific community to insure a proper amount of =
material is preserved for future study. We prefer to trade to diversify =
our collection but realize a lot of collectors are just getting started =
and may not have suitable trade material available. This is why we feel =
the right thing to do is make some of this material available other than =
from trades. We realize a lot of collectors do not use eBay for =
collection purposes. If you do not have an eBay account please have =
another list member bid for you if you are at all interested. We want to =
make sure everybody has a fair shot at these specimens.=20

A photo of the main mass can be seen by clicking here =
http://www.nwessentials.com/nwa1459/nwa1459.jpg=20

Please note the following links to the eBay auctions under seller =
"meteoritelab":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D737905714&rd=3D1=20

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D737906710&rd=3D1=20

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D737908056&rd=3D1=20

Wishing everybody happy collecting,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C28F30.E19907E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P>Dear list members,</P>
<P>We are taking this rare opportunity to make available three specimens =
of the=20
new Olivine Diogenite, NWA 1459. We have been asked repeatedly to make =
some of=20
this material available to collectors. One collector even accused us of =
ruining=20
his near perfect type specimen collection by not making this material =
available.=20
We reminded him of the five private individuals that have specimens from =
this=20
meteorite, four of which were provided samples free of charge for =
winning a=20
contest promoted here on the list. We told him to contact these contest =
winners=20
and make an offer. One of them may need the money more than they need =
the=20
specimen. </P>
<P>After the&nbsp;10 gram type specimen deposit, cutting and polishing =
losses,=20
main mass preservation, providing material to four contest winners and a =
web=20
site promoter, we will have about two grams left available for private =
purchase.=20
The rest will be preserved in our collection. No money has changed hands =
at this=20
point because none has been sold. </P>
<P>We felt the fairest way to offer these specimens was to run three =
concurrent=20
auctions on eBay, start them out at less than $1.00 each and let the =
market=20
decide their value. We have been asked what price we are asking for this =

material. This is a tough question because we had no plans to sell any =
at all.=20
Only after considerable thought did we decide to offer some of this =
material for=20
sale. That way our consciences will be clear. We do not want to be =
accused again=20
of not making material available to the public. Our first priority is=20
collecting, not dealing. We make some material available to help offset =
the=20
enormous costs of expanding, maintaining, studying and documenting our=20
collection. We work very close with the scientific community to insure a =
proper=20
amount of material is preserved for future study. We prefer to trade to=20
diversify our collection but realize a lot of collectors are just =
getting=20
started and may not have suitable trade material available. This is why =
we feel=20
the right thing to do is make some of this material available other than =
from=20
trades. We realize a lot of collectors do not use eBay for collection =
purposes.=20
If you do not have an eBay account please have another list member bid =
for you=20
if you are at all interested. We want to make sure everybody has a fair =
shot at=20
these specimens. </P>
<P>A photo of the main mass can be seen by clicking here <A=20
href=3D"http://www.nwessentials.com/nwa1459/nwa1459.jpg">http://www.nwess=
entials.com/nwa1459/nwa1459.jpg</A>=20
</P>
<P>Please note the following links to the eBay auctions under seller=20
"meteoritelab":</P><FONT size=3D2>
<P></FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D73790571=
4&amp;rd=3D1"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D7379057=
14&amp;rd=3D1</FONT></A>=20
</P><FONT size=3D2>
<P></FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D73790671=
0&amp;rd=3D1"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D7379067=
10&amp;rd=3D1</FONT></A>=20
</P><FONT size=3D2>
<P></FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D73790805=
6&amp;rd=3D1"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D7379080=
56&amp;rd=3D1</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D2> </P></FONT>
<P>Wishing everybody happy collecting,</P></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Adam and Greg Hupe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Hupe =
Collection</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C28F30.E19907E0--