[meteorite-list] TRINITITE

From: rochette <rochette_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:54 2004

Hi list

 I am ready to accept that this material is safe, it is just the idea that
some kind of nuclear waste be object of collection that puzzle me!

besides <jonee_at_epix.net> wrote:

And I am tired of the conspiracy theorist-- there are boards for that
elsewhere and I am tired of non scientific based speculation ad nausea I
am tired of being tired...

Well I am not at all supporting this theory, neither non-scientific
speculations. The plutonium injection experiment I was referring to is just
plain public truth, that makes you wonder about the confidence to give in
official accounts about military based activity, that's all... For those in
the list who do not know the story, here is an official US gov. site on it:
http://tis.eh.doe.gov/ohre/roadmap/roadmap/part1.html#Ch1Intro

And it is a scientific fact that trinitite is "loaded" with artificial high
activity isotopes of Pu, Cs,etc.(it is even advertised as a sure way to
check the authenticity of their trinitite sample by some sellers!) the
question is just how much of these elements is still there and if this
amount is negligible in terms of safety or not.

Anyhow, each one is free to collect what he likes to, even atomic garbage,
but I should win some reward for trigerring the list activity on a subject
neither meteoritic nor commercial or slanderous....

Pierre