[meteorite-list] " Beginners Guide to Meteorites "

From: Michael Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:52 2004

Chuck-
   There are a lot of people on the internet that have
sites already set up for the beginner. I learned from
them almost two years ago when I started (and still
do!)
   As far as the intimidation- I've only seen some of
it in the larger companies that deal in the meteorites
and minerals ( if you can pay less than $100 they
don't seem real interested in helping you)and almost
never in the individuals that maintain sites and/or
sell regularly on EBay.
   There are many good people out there (many who type
to this list) that offer their services, advice,
support and patience to those getting started and
cannot maintain a large expensive collection.
   You can do as you please in your effort- but to
promote it from the aspect of lessening intimidation
and "to cast out the line and reel them in" I don't
think you will get a lot of support. They haven't
shown me they work that way.

Mike Groetz