[meteorite-list] IMCA

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:50 2004

Hi everyone,
This email covers a few things that have been discussed the past few days
concerning the IMCA and possible meteorwrongs on eBay.
First of all, thanks to everyone who saw the discussions and decided to
become a member. We're up to 129 members now and still growing. As the
saying goes, "the more the merrier!"
As for statements to accompany eBay auctions, as it stands now we already
ask people to use the phrase "Authenticity GUARANTEED" underneath their
logo. When we formed, the intent of the IMCA was to help promote the people
who agree to be judged by higher standards and not to attempt to hinder the
sales of non-members. The IMCA does not control the meteorite market nor do
we want to. We help ensure that people who are members are honest people
who can be trusted to sell exactly what they say they're selling.
Someone on here (I apologize I can't remember who) suggested that a website
be made showing a list of people who are known to be "safe" to buy from. To
those of you who have not visited the IMCA's website at
www.meteoritecollectors.org such a website already exists. We maintain a
page with all of our current members, their IMCA number, and their email
address at www.meteoritecollectors.org/numbers.htm.
Again, on behalf of myself and the other IMCA directors, thank you to all of
you who have joined and/or supported us in the wild ride. Also, to those of
you who have not joined, I would like to invite each of you to come join a
great bunch of people who love the rocks we all love so much.
Warmest regards,
Rhett Bourland
www.asteroidmodels.com
www.asteroidmodels.com/personal