[meteorite-list] Giant Dinosaurs Arrived With A Bang

From: Edward Hodges <holyfireballs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

Well Gordon, let's not make the mistake of calling reptiles; dinosuars. They
really aren't the same thing, not really even related. When the
classification system is modified they will be shown to have more in common
with the cow, (reptiles that is). The smaller dinosaurs obviously evolved
into birds, as Archaeopteryx lithographica is a clear example of. Life
always finds a way. Life on Earth was changed by cataclysmic events more
than a few times. It's too bad that really old theories about the evolution
of life are still taught to kids in school. I suggest to anyone interested
to read about these newer more sensical theories at
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/diapsids/avians.html, or read " Dinosaurs under
the Big Sky", and "Digging Dinosaurs" by Jack Horner. This guy was the model
for Dr. Alan Grant in the Jurassic Park movies as well as the technical
director. His theories about T-rex, being a total scavenger and not a
predator at all are controversial in themselves. All I'm saying is stay away
from the school text books and try reading something that scares you with
all it's new fangled idears Could you name a few of the "reptiles" that were
large and survived? I can't think of one. Even we evolved from a small
shrew like creature that probably ate rotten who knows what to survive.Even
the Bible gives us a story of Noah's Ark, and how life was utterly swept
from the face of the Earth, but yet life found a way. Well anyway, who's got
something to say about meteorites?- Edward R. Hodges

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him...
The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All
progress depends on the unreasonable man."- George Bernard Shaw