[meteorite-list] Giant Dinosaurs Arrived With A Bang

From: Edward Hodges <holyfireballs_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:49 2004

The theory is that after the impact there was a nuclear winter that blocked
out the sun long enough to kill off the food sources that would sustain
large animals. Since large animal require large quanities of food, it would
make sense that they would die out pretty fast. So all that's left are small
reptiles, amphibians, small dinosaurs that eventually evolved into birds,
and small endothermic mammals. They might have survived on rotting organic
matter, molds, fungus, lichen and each other. When the skies cleared, all
that were left are the little creatures, and they were the new rulers of the
Earth. That's my take on it anyway. - Edward R. Hodges