[meteorite-list] A place for Words, can you stop them?

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:48 2004

Chuck wrote:
> "I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for
> you to continue to write."
> - Voltaire
Hi Chuck,
        While the sentiment is right on......it is also badly missplaced.
        Freedom of speach is a crucial individual right. BUT, if one cannot
understand the difference between a fundimental right and apropriate
time and place they have a very serious problem - and it is a problem
they are imposing on others.
        Hopefully, I read you wrong - but I cannot imagine why else you
would post this quote to this list.
         Just as I don't want the people behind me in a movie carying on a
conversation, I don't want to hear name calling, obscene references,
acusations, ego wars, etc, etc, etc. on this list. This is all clearly
outlined
in the list rules. Anyone who doesn't like the list rules is welcome to
go elsewhere - and the vast majority of us whish they would!
        Sincerely, Michael Blood

--
"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
-- Dan Quayle, 11/30/88
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satalite: