[meteorite-list] The Big Thank You!

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:48 2004

May 9, 2002

Greetings You Big Bunch of Kindhearted Meteorite
Enthusiasts!

My sister Catherine and I are sending this e-mail from
my mailbox since she is not a member of the
Meteorite-list. She is also going to send a thank you
e-mail written just by herself.

I and she are totally shocked out of our wits with all
the kindness that has been shown. I and she first
would like to personally thank Jim Strope for his most
generous gift of a moon rock! (Please note I am still
completely overwhelmed as I write this!) He
definitely deserves the "JOLLY IMPACT AWARD"!

We also would like to extend our appreciation and
thanks to my good friend Bernd for his chivalry to our
"young lady"! What an unexpected surprise, I must
say!

Of course I also want to thank Mark Bostick for the
contest to begin with, and for allowing my sister to
enter! Also, we want to thank you, Mr. Bostick, for
giving away your prized personal copy of "Rocks From
Space" and the consolation prize! If it is at all
possible, she says she wants you to sign it! (I will
still keep you in mind if I ever find my first
meteorite here in Michigan!)

Lastly, but not least, we want to thank everybody
else, including everyone who voted, regardless if they
voted for Catherine or not and for all the other
entries which made the whole contest so exciting. I
personally hope everyone had a good ‘o time with Mr.
Bostick's contest and hope others who expressed their
kindness will likewise receive special "JOLLY IMPACT
AWARD" recognition!

Please accept my humble apologies if I have forgotten
to thank anyone in particular!

Gargantuan strewn fields!

Mark and Catherine Fox
Newaygo, MI USA