[meteorite-list] underrated?

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:46 2004

hello,
Just got this month's edition of the Meteoritics and Planetary Science
journal with a study of the Ghubara meteorite - they took orthogonal cores
from a nice specimen from the NHM London and essentially analysed it.
I am still chewing this article over - obviously there;s a great deal of
technical stuff that makes one head spin, but it confirms something I always
thought, that Ghubara is quite a special and unique meteorite. I am always
amazed how cheaply it sells for, and the beauty of its structures, colours
and breccias!
I always thought it was a good one - which is why I am so pleased that I
dropped my 100g slice on the fireplace and it smashed!!!
...time to replace maybe...

--
In gentle decay,
dave