[meteorite-list] GOLD BASIN RESULTS!!!!

From: Mark Bostick <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:45 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1F24E.654CFE00

Hello Everyone again,

And now the moment we have all been waiting for.....(drum roll =
please.....)=20

THE RESULTS OF THE MARK IS FEELING BETTER GUESS I"LL GIVE AWAY A GOLD =
BASIN THING..........

Frank Chessey nominated Bob Verish. Which is this spiret I could =
nominate Donald O'Keefe, who has been leaving around the strewfield =
waiting for retirement. Sounds like a way to kill a few years before the =
pension checks....:-)

Mike Farmer and Bob Verish nominated Skip Wilson. Who has done much for =
our interest and seems well liked by all. Who I do not believe I ever =
met (go to Denver and Tuscon and try remembering everyone's face that =
you were not introduced to).=20

And who is closest to there collection......(that answered).....

1. Mike Farmer - 4 miles - Cat Mountain - with an honorable mention of =
Udal Park - 5 miles

2. Matt Morgan. 6 miles - Bear Creek Iron - Co=20

3. Gordon Trone 8 miles - Williamette

4. Me (Wichita, Kansas) - ~10 miles - Belle Plaine, Kansas

5. Ken Newton (Lehigh Acres, Fl.) - 20 miles - Bonita Springs - Fla,=20
6. Steve Witt (Lake Station) 35.5 miles - Hamlet

7. Greg Redford (Fairfax, Va.) 100 miles - Stauton, Va.=20

Including one e-mail sent to the wrong person and fowarded to me and one =
DAT file I wouldn't/couldn't open.=20

And so the winner is....Judges......(pause)..... (pause again)....(you =
know suspence).....

1. SKIP WILSON!!!!=20

2.. Honorable mention goes to fellow IMCA member Gordon Trone for living =
closest to the Willamette, the meteorite I would take if I could just =
one.=20

"I live about 8 miles from where the Willamette was found...same county. =
I have a small but expensive, piece of it in my collection." Gordon =
Trone.=20

3. Honorable mention also goes to Greg Redford who is the furtherest =
from his collection! (again that answered).=20

4. To fellow IMCA member Jeff Kuyken, who gave my favorite reply.=20

"I've got a few within a 90 odd minute drive.
How's Cranbourne (~30km), Willow Grove (~90km) and Murchison (~150km)? =
Just for interest; there's a road in Murchison called Meteorite Street!" =
Jeff Kuyken.=20

I tried to get a street maker to produce some Meteorite Street and a =
Impact Lane sign for me but he only wanted to to do drives and wouldnt =
do otherwise (really).=20

5. And Finally Dean Bessey. For living in Canada and therefore gets a =
handycap. Just think hoq boring this might have been had we all lived in =
Canada.=20

For their efforts, (not the sign-maker) they win consulation prices of a =
free Oum Rockba meteorite!!!!

If someone would foward Skip's address or if one of the list members =
that knows him would like to be a go between please send me your =
address.=20

Honorable mention winners should also send me their address to claim =
their prizes.=20

And now a little more serious..

I would like to thank Jim Kreigh and Ingrid Monrad for there field work =
on the meteorite and the great dinner they held for us in Tuscon this =
year. There was a lot of money put out to make this possible and it was =
really enjoyed by all. Where else could I have eat with Robert Hagg and =
the Labennes while they are talking about finding moon meteorites. Both =
where very pleasant to me and others and we very much appreciate it. =
Thanks again! =20

I would like to note here that Jim Kreigh is still working on mapping =
the strewfield. If anyone has cordinates they have taken and have not =
given them to him, please e-mail him with that information. If anyone =
has a very strange Gold Basin piece. Please e-mail a photo to Robert =
Vernish or someone like for their opinon.=20

Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"

(PS: Maybe I'll just stick with name that tune from now on.....:-)

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1F24E.654CFE00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Hello Everyone again,</P>
<P>And now the moment we have all been waiting for.....(drum roll =
please.....)=20
</P>
<P>THE RESULTS OF THE MARK IS FEELING BETTER GUESS I"LL GIVE AWAY A GOLD =
BASIN=20
THING..........</P>
<P>Frank Chessey nominated Bob Verish. Which is this spiret I could =
nominate=20
Donald O'Keefe, who has been leaving around the strewfield waiting for=20
retirement. Sounds like a way to kill a few years before the pension=20
checks....:-)</P>
<P>Mike Farmer and Bob Verish nominated Skip Wilson. Who has done much =
for our=20
interest and seems well liked by all. Who I do not believe I ever met =
(go to=20
Denver and Tuscon and try remembering everyone's face that you were not=20
introduced to). </P>
<P>And who is closest to there collection......(that answered).....</P>
<P>1. Mike Farmer - 4 miles - Cat Mountain - with an honorable mention =
of Udal=20
Park - 5 miles</P>
<P>2. Matt Morgan. 6 miles - Bear Creek Iron - Co </P>
<P>3. Gordon Trone 8 miles - Williamette</P>
<P>4. Me (Wichita, Kansas) - ~10 miles - Belle Plaine, Kansas</P>
<P>5. </FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>Ken Newton (Lehigh =
Acres, Fl.)=20
- 20 miles - Bonita Springs - Fla, <BR>6. Steve Witt (Lake Station) 35.5 =
miles -=20
Hamlet</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">7. Greg Redford (Fairfax, Va.) 100 =
miles -=20
Stauton, Va. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Including one e-mail sent to the wrong =
person=20
and fowarded to me a</FONT><FONT size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman">nd one DAT=20
file I wouldn't/couldn't open. </FONT></P>
<P>And so the winner is....Judges......(pause)..... (pause =
again)....(you know=20
suspence).....</P>
<P>1. SKIP WILSON!!!! </P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">
<P>2.. Honorable</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> mention goes to =
fellow IMCA=20
member Gordon Trone</FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"> for living =
closest to=20
the Willamette, the meteorite I would take if I could just one. </P>
<P>"</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I live about 8 miles from where =
the=20
Willamette was found...same county. I have a small but expensive, piece =
of it in=20
my collection.</FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">" Gordon Trone. </P>
<P>3. Honorable mention also goes to Greg Redford who is the furtherest =
from his=20
collection! (again that answered). </P>
<P>4. T</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>o fellow IMCA member =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">Jeff Kuyken, who gave my favorite reply. </P>
<P>"I've got a few within a 90 odd minute drive.<BR>How's Cranbourne =
(~30km),=20
Willow Grove (~90km) and Murchison (~150km)? Just for interest; there's =
a road=20
in Murchison called Meteorite Street!" Jeff Kuyken. </P>
<P>I tried to get a street maker to produce some Meteorite Street and a =
Impact=20
Lane sign for me but he only wanted to to do drives and wouldnt do =
otherwise=20
(really). </P>
<P>5. And Finally Dean Bessey. For living in Canada and therefore gets a =

handycap. Just think hoq boring this might have been had we all lived in =
Canada.=20
</P>
<P>For their efforts, (not the sign-maker)&nbsp;they win consulation =
prices of a=20
free Oum Rockba meteorite!!!!</P>
<P>If someone would foward Skip's address or if one of the list members =
that=20
knows him would like to be a go between please send me your address. =
</P>
<P>Honorable mention winners should also send me their address to claim =
their=20
prizes. </P>
<P>And now a little more serious..</P>
<P>I would like to thank Jim Kreigh and Ingrid Monrad for there field =
work on=20
the meteorite and the great dinner they held for us in Tuscon this year. =
There=20
was a lot of money put out to make this possible and it was really =
enjoyed by=20
all. Where else could I have eat with Robert Hagg and the Labennes while =
they=20
are talking about finding moon meteorites. Both where very pleasant to =
me and=20
others and we very much appreciate it. Thanks again!&nbsp; </P>
<P>I would like to note here that Jim Kreigh is still working on mapping =
the=20
strewfield. If anyone has cordinates they have taken and have not given =
them to=20
him, please e-mail him with that information. If anyone has a very =
strange Gold=20
Basin piece. Please e-mail a photo to Robert Vernish or someone like for =
their=20
opinon. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"</P>
<P>(PS: Maybe I'll just stick with name that tune from now=20
on.....:-)</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1F24E.654CFE00--