[meteorite-list] A curious reference

From: Starbits_at_aol.com <Starbits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:04:44 2004

    A search of the MNH CD for australian falls shows
only one possibility. A meteorite that fell in the
spring of 1879 on a cattle station. I noticed the
article listed a date of 3 April, but no year. An
assumption can be made that because the article was from
1880 that was the year it fell. It might also have been
a year earlier. The only mismatch is the description
"It appeared to be formed of what is called iron pyrites."
and "tenham" is an L6.
    No other listed Australian fall comes close. So the
question for one of our Australian list members, is
Tenham station anywhere near whitestone township?

  Eric Olson
  http://www.star-bits.com