[meteorite-list] Lunar/Martian Meteorite Question

From: Michael Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:34 2004

Hello-
   Do the Lunar/Martian meteorites show any classic
magnetic attraction? (ie: do they have nickel-iron
content)?
   Am a little afraid to try it on the purchased
specimens I own as I may loose them.... :-)
   I found a rock in the fields today that looks like
the pictures in the new Encyclopedia of Meteorites
book I received. Not magnetic- but long shot hopefull?
(super long shot!!!)
   Thanks,
Mike Groetz