[meteorite-list] Re: Bensour

From: Bernd Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

Michael Farmer wrote:

> Michael, read the email below, it is the one where I made the offer, tell
> me what it says, please. It is intire, no editing, or you can go into the
> archives, your choice, it clearly states the price ar "around $2 gram" Not
> exactly $2.

First of all I'd like to state that my hat is off to
Micheal Blood for his courage to set things straight!!!

Mike Farmer also wrote:

> Anyway, the point is folks, that you can pay Dean his "Good Deal"
> price of $15 gram, or wait one week and pay me $2 gram, your choice.

I am one of those who were "ripped off" - only problem is I don't feel
like having been ripped off. I did tell Dean in a private mail that the
way he and Mike were slinging mud at each other (not to mention the ...
hair affair on the nighttable) was far below the belt and absolutely
unworthy of two people sharing a passion for meteorites) but I chose to
buy and it was MY decision* to do so (and I do not regret having done
so!). Both Rob and the Hupés offered this absolutely fresh, pristine and
fascinating material for about $15/g but the hail went down on Dean
because two things were mixed up by Mike a n d Dean:

(a) the mud-slinging, and
(b) the justifiable attempt to buy, sell, and make a profit

* Just look at the famous "Collection in a slice" (NWA 904) - Had I
waited a little longer, I would have got my slice for much less money
BUT I did not want to wait! Should I accuse the Hupés of "ripping me
off"? Absolute nonsense! If I wanted to sell meteorites, I'd try to be
polite (not servile!!!) in order to not disgust my customers. Quarrels
are OK, disputes are OK, controversies are OK, complaints are OK ...
but " ... hair on a nighttable", "bullshit", "... has you by the ...",
"yuck" (to quote soemone else) and the like is not!

My two Eurocents,
Happy Easter,

Bernd