[meteorite-list] Sand Dunes and Meteorites

From: Dave Schultz <dls1955_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

I wonder if anyone has thought to search the sand dunes on the southern
shores of Lake Michigan, since the Great Lakes were formed by giant glaciers
many moons ago! Do you think that any meteorites could have been deposited
on these dunes from the melting ice? I also wonder if anyone around this
area would be interested in combing the area one of these days if they think
that it might be worth while? Have a great Easter everyone, if you celebrate
it! Dave