[meteorite-list] Hit by a Meteorite

From: azaware <azaware_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

Hey All

 I was just standing outside
and on 2-28-02 something hit me. It stung pretty good.
I could feel that it was really small when it hit. I was surprise it hurt.
It must of been
something off a meteorite. That
was so weird to feel something so small hit with such force.
I was standing east in front of this build. So it come from the sky. It
couldn't of been a bug because a bug that little couldn't hit that hard. I
had two light shirts on and that didn't slow it down a bit. I took a magnet
to the area right in front of me. Just running the mag about an inch above
the ground. Looking thought the rocks I picked up this one piece stuck out
right away. It weighs under a half grain. It looks to have a crust. I have a
few pictures. I'm in Phoenix, is there anybody that could tell if its a
meteorite without destroying it? This piece of metal is really small I could
see this if it was going fast enough it could sting. How fast could it be
going?

http://www.azdesertmountain.com/meteor1.jpg
http://www.azdesertmountain.com/meteor15.jpg
http://www.azdesertmountain.com/meteor18.jpg