[meteorite-list] Name that tune pt. 2

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:33 2004

Hi all. Thanks to Harlan I'm upgrading my slice of Gao from 1.16g to 10g
which means I've got an extra slice of Gao now. I could sell or trade it
but that just doesn't seem right considering why I will soon have two slices
so for anyone who can identify the song that these lyrics come from gets my
old piece. You also have to ID the band that sings it and what album its
off of. The reason I chose this song is it just happens to be what I'm
listening to right now and its by one of my favorite bands who is no longer
together. Anyways, free Gao slice with free shipping to whoever can guess
the song.

If he was from Venus
Would he feed us with a spoon?
If he was from Mars, wouldn't that be cool?
Standing right on campus
Would he stamp us in a file?
Hangin' down in Memphis all the while.
(chorus:)
Children by the million
Sing for Alex Chilton
When he comes 'round
They sing "I'm in love
What's that song?
I'm in love with that song."

Cerebral rape and pillage
In a village of his choice.
Invisible man who can sing
In a visible voice.
Feeling like a hundred bucks
Exchanging good lucks face to face
Checkin' his stash by the trash
At St. Mark's place.

(chorus)
I never travel far
Without a little Big Star
Runnin' 'round the house
Mickey Mouse and the Tarot cards.
Falling asleep with a flop pop video on.
If he was from Venus
Would he meet us on the moon?
If he died in Memphis, wouldn't that be cool?
(chorus)

Rhett Bourland
www.asteroidmodels.com
www.asteroidmodels.com/personal