[meteorite-list] meteorite conservation in coastal areas

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

Hi Tom,

If I had a choice it would be on the bottom as the heat rises and circulates. That is
where the golden rod is to be placed in a gun safe. Light bulb would depend on volume
in a case (or curio cabinet). What I would do is to place a thermometer on a central
shelf or in a case and monitor it for a while. If you see that there is a variation
then a larger bulb should probably be used.

One should also remember that house hold chemicals can be damaging to specimens and
placing next to the bathroom or utility room, cleaning around the cases with certain
chemicals can wreck havoc.

--AL