[meteorite-list] meteorite conservation in coastal areas

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

Go to Cabelas.com They sell excellent de-humidifier cannisters that I have
used for many years for my guns and meteorites. And though I live in Arizona
we do use evaporative coolers in the summer which pump gallons of moisture
into the house to cool it.
Search on the Cabelas site by item number IC-220673, it is called
Hydrosorbent Silica Gel I use several of the 57 cubic ft cannisters in my
gun cabinet and one in my 3 foot by 4 foot meteorite display case. It is
overkill...but as a former gunsmith I HATE RUST!

Someone on the list may know where to get these cheaper than the $22.95
price for the big can...but I have had my oldest for about 4 years and it is
still going strong.

Anyone else with a supplier of these?

Mark M.