[meteorite-list] More on photographs

From: Graham Christensen <majorvoltage_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:31 2004

Hello list,
I sent an E-mail to Alan Hildebrand with an edited version of that Oct. 14
fireball which includes the copyright info (I added it as text in paint and
converted it to jpg). He thinks it would be alright to post it once I get
permission from Brad Gledhill, the original photographer. I have sent him an
E-mail with the new image attached to it asking for permission to use it on
my site. I await his reply. I just thought I would fill you all in in case
you were curious. I really want to put this photo on my site but WHAT A
HEADACHE! Anyway, for all interested, I now have photos of me on one of my
meteorite hunting trips to Birch Lake, Alberta. A friend of mine took them
and scanned them on his scanner at work. There are thumbnailed images are
at:
http://www.geocities.com/aerolitehunter/rechunts.html

Apperantly geocities only gives you a limited amount of "data transfer" so
when too many people visit my site they throw a hissy fit and deactivate my
site, another headache. They did that yesterday. If it happens again you can
just wait about an hour and it should be back up.

I also have an image of my biggest meteorite (Copied from Dean Bessey's site
before I bought it, hope you don't mind Dean.) And one of a tektite I bought
from Eric Twelker. (I hope that is OK Eric, if you are on the list.) I hope
this doesn't infringe on any copyrights, I checked and there weren't any
notes on the images and since I now own the specimens I thought it was OK.
But all this Brad Gledhill photo stuff has me treading lightly.

Graham Christensen
majorvoltage_at_hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/aerolitehunter