[meteorite-list] New Lunaite???

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:30 2004

Don't you love the threat of legal action against those
that can prove that it is not what he says it is...

What a bind, for it scares away those that CAN PROVE
THAT IT IS NOT A METEORITE-- LUNAR OR OTHERWISE.

Thus, allowing him to pawn of his bogus find and
possibly scam others out of their cold hard cash.

This reminds me of the guy in Deming, New Mexico (The
Deming Delinquent)-- who threatened to sue me if I did
not confirm that his finds were meteorites.

None of them were, and after that threat, I would not
receive anymore samples from him.

For some, belief is better than fact.

This person fits that mold.

Steve Schoner.

On Mon, 18 March 2002, "Treiman, Allan" wrote

www.bccmeteorites.com.

> > it promotes BCC9601, a new differentiated lunar
highlands refractory
> rich
> > crustal sample and originally weighing 2,485 grams.
>

> In thin section, it looks like a terrestrial rock,
like a granodiorite
> or metamorphosed granodiorite. In the upper thin
sections, the green and
> reddish minerals look like amphibole (hornblende or
actinolite) and mica
> (biotite). The lower thin section looks like an
intergrowth of feldspar
> and quartz, called myrmekite, which is quite common
in granitic-type rocks.

> Page two of the site is really bizarre. After the
usual accusations that
> the "academic community" suppresses meteorites, the
writer claims that his
> case is worse because of race discrimination.
> "The answer is very simple. In addition to general
neglect from the
> business
> community and common place in any minority district,
the academic community
> routinely engages in the same forms of discriminatory
behavior and conduct.
> With
> these discoveries would come the obligation to
recognize a minority
> community and
> district where the samples were found as having an
equal or higher degree of

> importance, and elevating it to a status as a major
regional contributor to
> science."
>
> Then he goes into religion, and a pointed threat
that he will take legal
> action
> against anyone who claims his rock is not a lunar
meteorite.
> "We welcome all comments and suggestions, however
it does not escape our
> notice
> that some entrenched scientist(s) will undoubtedly
challenge us. Any claims
> or
> challenges as to the authenticity of our samples
should be accompanied by
> written
> factual evidence to support that claim and signed by
the person(s) making
> the claim.
> As an example, a blanket statement such as BCC9601 is
not, or could not be a
> lunar
> meteorite because it does not look like the Apollo
samples is not
> acceptable, because
> this statement is not based on science and in fact
the existing record
> contradicts such
> a statement. The extensive publicly funded record
indicates that the Apollo
> Missions
> sampled only a fraction of Lunar material. BCC9601
represents material