[meteorite-list] Fw: Postal Problems

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:29 2004

--B_3099046748_32934

Hello Jamie,

I just completed a rather nice trade with Mr. Vassiliev and our traded
items arrived at their respective destinations within a day or two of each
other.

I do not know what could be the problem, however anything sent registered
may take much, much longer since registered mail must be handed off from
carrier to carrier, not just bundled with the regular mail. Sometimes it is
even batched with other registered stuff, then being delivered on time
intervals rather than on a set number of days post mailing.

Good luck.

Martin

On 3/15/02 1:07 PM, "Jamie Ekholm" <jme_ekholm_at_ncis.net> wrote:

> [...]

--B_3099046748_32934

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [meteorite-list] Fw: Postal Problems</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hello Jamie,<BR>
<BR>
I just completed a rather nice trade with &nbsp;Mr. Vassiliev and our trade=
d items arrived at their respective destinations within a day or two of each=
 other.<BR>
<BR>
I do not know what could be the problem, however anything sent registered m=
ay take much, much longer since registered mail must be handed off from carr=
ier to carrier, not just bundled with the regular mail. Sometimes it is even=
 batched with other registered stuff, then being delivered on time intervals=
 rather than on a set number of days post mailing.<BR>
<BR>
Good luck.<BR>
<BR>
Martin<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
On 3/15/02 1:07 PM, &quot;Jamie Ekholm&quot; &lt;jme_ekholm_at_ncis.net&gt; wr=
ote:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
----- Original Message ----- <BR>
<B>From:</B> Jamie Ekholm &lt;mailto:jme_ekholm_at_ncis.net&gt; &nbsp;<BR>
<B>To:</B> meteorite list &lt;mailto:meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com&gt=
; &nbsp;<BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 15, 2002 11:13 AM<BR>
<B>Subject:</B> Postal Problems<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Has anyone else had any problems w=
ith sending mail to Europe? &nbsp;I recently won an ebay auction from Mr. Va=
ssiliev in the Czech Republic. &nbsp;He was kind enough to send the meteorit=
e out even before receiving my payment.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I sent him payment (check) a while=
 back and he never got it, so I went ahead and sent another (this time regis=
tered) and he hasn't gotten this one either.<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Is this a problem with the US post=
al system or is it over there?<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"> <BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Jamie<BR>
</FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3099046748_32934--