[meteorite-list] Follow-up to the Pearce story, part 2 of 2

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:28 2004

Mr. Roylance delivered the meteorite packages to the Pearces
yesterday morning, and thoughtfully took a couple pictures while
he was there. Unfortunately, Dale had to be at work and the
oldest son was at school, but Mrs. Pearce and son Collin were
home, and they opened the packages together.

"This is far out!" Collin said. =A0"When I grow up I'm going to be a
spaceman and go up in space."

"This has made our day," said Michelle. "There are still fantastic
people in this world."

They had other kind words, but the looks on their faces in the
pictures Frank sent say more than their words ever could. I've
uploaded two of these images to my website:

http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/collin.jpg
http://members.cox.net/mojave_meteorites/mom&son.jpg

I want to publicly thank Steve for being the mastermind behind
this good-faith mission, and Mr. Roylance for helping to make
it happen. Special kudos are also in order for Ron Baalke, who
posted the original story to Meteorite Central, without which
most of us (not living in Baltimore) would never have heard of it.
And of course none of this would have been possible without the
Meteorite Central forum itself, so everyone here has played a
part in making this happen.

Cheers! --Rob