[meteorite-list] Betting on Rob's New Moroccan Fall

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:27 2004

A summary of the guesses so far, in the order posted:

LL6 Rob Elliott
Diogenite Bernd Pauli (guess later rescinded)
L6, brecciated Martin Horejsi
LL6 (highly recrystallized) Herbert Raab *
L5 Rhett Bourland
LL4-6 Rob Matson
L/LL6 Frank Cressy
L5, brecciated Mike Tettenborn
Polymict eucrite Dave Schultz
Iron IIAB Dave Radosevich (sandbagging ;-))
Hematite nodule Jeannie (also sandbagging)
EL6 Tracy Latimer
L4 Jason Phillips
L6, brecciated, w/shock veins Steve Schoner **

* Herbert needs to choose again (same as Rob Elliott)
** Steve Schoner needs to choose again (Martin beat him to it)

Bernd: do you want to stick with diogenite just for fun, or do
you have a back-up guess that hasn't been taken yet?

Since our guesses are getting pretty precise, I'll assume my
LL4-6 was sufficiently different from Rob's to be accepted.
If Rob is in agreement, then I officially release my second
choice of H4-6.

Quite a few ordinary chondrite variations remain (as well an
non-OC designations, if you're feeling cheeky), so have at
it gang!

Cheers,
Rob M.