[meteorite-list] a little collector advice........

From: Matt <Matt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:27 2004

Sorry Dean, you will be corrected here...
On average....I see Millbillillie for 15-25/g, sometimes 30/g, two years
ago, I sold it at 10-12/g. Ebay may be another story. It varies quite a bit
on there.
Some Aussies in Tucson, 2002, had it for 12-15/g.

Allende..Blaine Reed had nice ones, collected in 1969, for 6-8/g at Tucson!
Check Farmer's prices. Mine too. We are talking quality here, not
run-of-the-mill crap. You know what I mean?

25/g for Johnstown..that was Rolf Buehler, 1997 - DEAN! Before you were even
a blip on the meteorite screen. I paid over 60/g at Darryls auction and was
a MIGHTY HAPPY CAMPER. It retails between 100-200/g now. Do your homework.

I'll give you the SNCs and Lunar, but I did that in my previous email.

Desert meteorites HAVE NOT brought the "price of all meteorites to a
 reasonable level". I wish I could buy Pultisk for 1.00/g, but that is
impossible and will remain so. They have brought down the price of the SNCs
and Lunars, but the old, witnessed achondrites are more expensive than ever.

"You know that the price of non desert meteorites has not risen in the past
18 months. They have fallen bigtime like the desert meteorites have."

This is a big, swooping, generalization, like the rest of your statements.
A reply would take up a whole email in itself. The price on witnessed
falls, especially old ones, has gone up. I wish I could buy back Richardton
at 5/g, Forest City at 12/g, Homestead at 5/g. I cannot, plain and simple.

Nuff said. It was fun. Gotta love meteorites!! Get the blood flowin. Bye.
Matt